Putin announced a partial mobilization in Russia. According to Shoigu, it will affect 300,000 people. What is known about the mobilization at the moment – in the material RBC -width: 320px) and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (max-width: 320px) and (min-resolution: 192dpi)” >
Announcement of partial mobilization
President Vladimir Putin on the morning of September 21 announced a partial mobilization. The corresponding decree is published on the Kremlin website.
According to the document:
- those called up for military service by mobilization have the status of servicemen serving under a contract ;
- the level of salaries of the mobilized corresponds to the salaries of military personnel serving under the contract;
- contracts for military service continue to be valid until the end of the partial mobilization period;
- the grounds for dismissal from military service are the achievement of the age limit for military service, the state of health (in connection with the recognition by the military conscription commission as unfit for military service), the entry into force of a court verdict imposing a sentence of imprisonment;
- Citizens working in organizations of the military-industrial complex receive the right to deferment from conscription for mobilization.
The document also contains instructions to the government:
to finance the partial mobilization activities;
take the necessary measures to meet the needs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military formations and bodies during the period of partial mobilization;
Superior officials of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation ensure that citizens are called up for military service for mobilization in the number and within the time limits determined by the Ministry of Defense for each constituent entity.
Paragraph 7 of the decree is missing in the published version. Later, presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov explained that it refers to the number of mobilized, which was named by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.
The document entered into force from the moment of publication
Sergey Shoigu explained who is subject to conscription under conditions of partial mobilization
Following the president's address, federal TV channels showed an interview with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who explained what measures would be taken after the signing of the presidential decree.
Read on RBC Pro Pro You have 100 thousand rubles. How to start trading on Wildberries Pro instructions How to raise a child to school or kindergarten without screaming and panic: 7 tips Pro instructions Performed exercises even while driving: how actor Bruce Lee trained students Articles Pro “Socialist” States of America: how pension funds affect business Articles Pro Hunt for “black swans”: how to increase the efficiency of the consciousness Articles Pro Should we expect a wave of defaults in the Russian bond market Articles Pro The dollar exchange rate hit a record. Why it is dangerous for developing economies Articles
The head of the military department estimated the total number of reservists at 25 million people. Now, according to him, about 300 thousand people, that is, 1.1% of the mobilization resource, will fall under partial mobilization.
Shoigu explained that we are talking about people who are in reserve and:
- served in the army;
- have combat experience;
- they have military registration specialties that are necessary in the troops (Shoigu did not specify their list).
The head of the military department noted that they are not subject to mobilization :
How to find out your military specialty and registration category
The code of the military specialty, military rank, the category of registration of those in the reserve are indicated in the military ID in the paragraphs “service in the reserve”, as well as in the insert “mobilization order”.
What does the law say about mobilization
Mobilization activities in Russia are regulated by the federal law “On mobilization training and mobilization in the Russian Federation”, which was signed by President Boris Yeltsin in 1997. In particular, it contains requirementsto citizens during the period of mobilization:
- to appear on the call of military commissariats, federal executive bodies with a reserve, to determine their purpose during the period of mobilization;
- to citizens who are in the military registration, from the moment the mobilization is announced, it is forbidden to leave the place of residence without the permission of the military commissariats, federal executive bodies that have a reserve.
Conscription for military service for mobilization subject tocitizens in the reserve who do not have the right to deferment from conscription for military service for mobilization. Deferred call for mobilization in accordance with the law applies to citizens:
- booked in the manner determined by the government of the Russian Federation;
- recognized as temporarily unfit to military service for health reasons— for up to six months;
- engaged in constant care for a father, mother, wife, husband, sibling, sister, grandfather, grandmother or adoptive parent who, for health reasons, in accordance with the conclusion of the federal institution of medical and social expertise, in outside permanent care (assistance, supervision) or who are disabled Group I;
- who are the guardian or guardian of a minor sibling and (or) a minor sibling in the absence of other persons legally required to support these citizens;
- having four or more dependent children under the age of 16, or having one or more dependent children under the age of 16 without a mother;
- having a wife who is at least 22 weeks pregnant, and having three dependent children under the age of 16;
- deputies of the State Duma and members of the Federation Council.
Creation of mobilization commissions
In accordance with the law, federal government bodies that have mobilization tasks create mobilization bodies to organize mobilization preparation and mobilization activities and control their implementation.
So, for example, on Monday morning, the draft commission for partial mobilization was organized in St. Petersburg. It was headed by Governor Alexander Beglov. The city's military commissar Sergei Kachkovsky was appointed his deputy. The heads of many other regions announced the creation of commissions.
Authors Tags How the Federal Tax Service will collect tax debts
Understanding the mailing