Pushilin said that the tribunal over “Azov” will be held in several stages

The tribunal is planned as an international one, a number of countries have already given preliminary consent to participate, the head of the DPR said. The first of a series of “interim” will be the trial of those who surrendered at Azovstal

Denis Pushilin

The tribunal over the Ukrainian military will be held in several stages, the first, perhaps, will be Mariupol, that is, under the court will get those who left the territory of “Azovstal” military, said the head of the DPR Denis Pushilin on the air of the Soloviev Live program. Video posted on Vladimir Solovyov's Telegram channel.

According to Pushilin, before the “main” the tribunal must go through a series of “interim”. “Exactly as it was after the Great Patriotic War, that is, before Nuremberg there were both the Kyiv and Kharkov tribunals, and a number of others. Apparently, one of the first will be the Mariupol Tribunal,— Pushilin said.

The tribunal is planned to be international, that is, invitations to participate will be sent to foreign states, the head of the DPR added. The republic has already received preliminary consent from a number of countries, but Pushilin did not specify from which countries.

Now the profile departments, including the General Prosecutor's Office of the DPR, are developing the charter of the tribunal, and Russian departments are also taking part, he noted. Pushilin called maximum publicity and transparency the main task of holding a military court.

That the fate of those who surrendered at Azovstal military will be decided in court, Pushilin said last week. “If the enemy laid down his arms, then the court decides his further fate, if he is a Nazi criminal, then this is a tribunal,” — he explained.

The idea of ​​an international tribunal was expressed in the LPR. On April 3, the Commissioner for Human Rights of the LPR, Victoria Serdyukova, said that evidence of war crimes by the Ukrainian military had been collected in the republic since 2014, and they could present them at the international tribunal.

Read on RBC Pro Pro Why investors are fleeing crypto: two reasons and one conspiracy theory Forecasts Pro It's all about the head: how to switch to Russian ERP and what to choose Instructions Pro You want to pay dividends to shareholders. How to abandon the moratorium Instructions Pro How not to leave heirs with nothing when moving and relocating a business Articles Pro Gas supplies to the EU are falling. What will happen to Gazprom shares? What to Expect Articles

The idea was supported by the head of the Russian Investigative Committee, Alexander Bastrykin, saying that his department records the illegal actions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and “nationalist military formations”; against the civilian population of Donbass.

The International Criminal Court (ICC), in turn, in early March announced its intention to start investigating violations committed by “any side conflict on the territory of Ukraine. ICC Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan argued that there were good grounds for launching an investigation. According to him, “there are reasonable grounds” believe that war crimes and crimes against humanity have been committed in Ukraine since 2013. The ICC also assumes that the crimes were committed in the last period of time.

In mid-May, Khan announced the arrival of 42 ICC investigators, including forensic experts and analysts, to Ukraine.

Article content Authors Tags Subscribe on VK RBC Get news faster than anyone else

Источник rbc.ru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *